Sunday, October 26, 2008

Teen Vogue Fashion U '08(Oct. 24th-Oct. 26th)



This past weekend I attended Teen Vogue's Fashion University and let me tell you, it was the most incredible experience of my life. What this event is, is a chance to go to New York City and take seminars with designers like Tory Burch, Nanette Lepore, Peter Som, Monica Botkier, Kira Plastinina, Rachel Roy, Rag and Bone, Proenza Schouler, Philip Lim, many more, and the teen vogue editors. To be able to participate in this event you need to apply to it on the teen vogue website. In the application you must add some creative sketches, creative photographs, and a paragraph on fashion. Participating in this event was probably the most amazing thing I have ever participated in. It was so inspiring to listen to the designers and editors tell us about their journey in achieving their dreams and what we can do to help achieve our dreams and goals. In Peter Som's seminar I was able to view his Spring 2009 collection and as soon as I saw that collection I fell in love. Every piece in his collection was absolutely outstanding and beautiful. If I could I would buy every piece. The inspiration behind his collection is so moody and creative it now inspires me to come up with numerous photos of inspiration to help create my new sketches. I met so many fashionable girls who each expressed their fashion in all new, different, and creative ways. The whole event was inspiring and I suggest that any person interested in fashion and art, boy or girl, apply to it next year. Another designer I took a seminar with that I loved was Monica Botkier. I had always heard of her bags but I never looked into buying one of them, but now I would buy her bags because her bags are all gorgeous and each have a different meaning behind all of them. Monica Botkier was so sweet and down to earth. It felt as if I was talking to a friend, she was not intimidating or acted like she was better then any of us because she is a successful designer. I would work for any of these designers any day because they all have a lot to offer and a lot to teach me.