Sunday, October 26, 2008

Outlook on Fashion

Fashion. Fashion to me is not just putting a bunch of clothing on a body. Fashion is considered an art, it's an art of putting together what looks good and a way of expressing a person's individuality. Fashion is also about keeping up with the latest trends and making sure you look good at all times. I don't believe in not dressing up for school because well it is school, I dress up for school because that is a way to express myself show who I am. I dress in just about anything I feel depending on my mood, and what is hot at the moment. Fashion is one of the most respected professions in my opinion because you really need a lot of creativity, determination, and ambition to per sue a career in this industry. Not anyone can just take a class in school on fashion and then have a job in that field. It's not like science or math where you study the topic and then just jump right into that job because you had good marks in that field and took classes on it. You need to be able to draw, have an eye for what looks good, have tough skin because this industry isn't easy, and always be thinking because like Heidi Klum says, "one day you're in, and the next day you're out." This business is very fast pace and is constantly changing and one must be able to keep up if they really want this.
My dream is to be a fashion designer. I love fashion, always have and probably always will. I live, breathe, eat, and sleep fashion. I have so much drive and determination towards this field and would do just about anything to live my dream. I do not want to design though for the stereotypical "beautiful person", I want to make a change in this industry and design for all sizes, shape, and color girls because I believe that all girls are beautiful as long as they just have confidence. I want my clothes to make all women feel confident so that they can feel beautiful and achieve the self-esteem they wish to have. If I ever achieve my dream I would send all types of girls down the runway because I believe that all girl should have her moment, and that the "stick skinny beautiful" look isn't real and those types of girls aren't the only ones buying the clothing the designer sends down the runway. There are girls of all types who want to buy the clothing so why not send real beautiful girls down the runway? I do respect though the fashion industry and what they really look for in a girl and what they think is beautiful, but the anorexic skinny look has not always been the look. Back in the 50's and 60's models were thicker and more real looking, and yet they were still considered beautiful. So I think it's time to bring back those days and make girls feel beautiful about themselves no matter what size, shape, or color they look like.

No comments: